Saturday, August 29, 2009
Forgive, forget or accept??
"They say 'Forgive and Forget' but i say 'Forget about forgiving and start accepting'"...Heard this in a movie recently and it got me thinking. How easy is it to forget, forgive or even accept? When people say that, they have forgotten a fight or a nasty episode, are they being honest? Do we forget those things or do we just push them to the back of our minds? Personally I believe that where we may still forgive people we don't ever forget, not if we were hurt in a big way or if it was really important to us. Out of the three accepting is the easiest and actually the first step. We can't forgive till we don't accept, and we definitely can't forget till we don't forgive. But is accepting something that easy? The other day I was having a conversation and said that I have accepted this fact. The rebuttal came that you have not accepted because you wanted to but because you had to; you accepted because not accepting meant you loosing something very important. I could not disagree because in essence that was true. I had accepted because that person was important to me and not accepting meant me getting hurt. So did that mean that I had not accepted that fact? Thinking about it made me realize that I had accepted that fact. Initially it may not have been acceptance and it may have been just me coming to terms with certain facts but eventually it led to acceptance. So coming back to the original question....forgive, forget or accept? The easiest of the three is definitely to accept and it may not be instant acceptance either. But ya eventually if that person or that thing is important to us we come to terms with it and eventually we accept.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment