Sunday, October 31, 2010

Change - the only constant

People change whether you like it not...You change whether you realise it or not!!
"After four months I will either hate the mention of food or crave it so badly that I would give anything for good food" I said to my dad the day I landed in Chennai. Anyone who knows me would have said without any hesitation that it would be the second one and they would have been absolutely right...So the other day when I was talking to a friend of mine (also from Delhi) about good food joints in Delhi I should have been happy and I was for about 5 min...I should have been happy because I was going home for 4 days which meant I could gorge on as much good food as I wanted....and yet I was not...and this brings me to my opening line about CHANGE....
You will wonder what change has to do with me not being happy about the food discussion...it’s something like this....I would be in Delhi and I can go to as many places as I want but this would be the first time that I would be in Delhi and I would not be meeting any of my friends...even though so many of them are in town for Diwali....and that is what made me sad....and the fact that I was sad was surprising for me and it would be for most people who know me because as a general rule I don’t like people too much...I like meeting them even less and yet here I was bummed out about the fact that I would not get to meet them this time around.... and all of this because of these (not going into details) certain people who I have in my life who came in uninvited....who stayed there without the welcome and who changed me ....changed me to an extent where I started wanting people to be there around me...they made me so open that I missed talking to them.....and all of this change happened without me even realising it....they made me a better person without knowing it....because I changed when they stopped trying to change me...and when I look back at the scheme of things I am grateful to them because they tolerated the worst of me to bring out the other side....and looking ahead I know that I will always be a better person..A better friend till I have them by my side....
So yes people change whether we like it or not and we also change without realising it at all.....and as much as we may hate it at that time and as much as we may hate people for changing themselves or changing us we later realise that they got us to being closer to who we really are ....because like they say...Everything happens for a reason!!

No comments: