Ever so often in life we come across events which change who we are as people, change our priorities, our thinking. They change how we see things, how we react, how we value life. People call them life altering events, which in truth they are, but just not for everyone. 20 people could witness the same event and it would affect them differently.
I recently witnessed one such event; an event which changed me as a person; an event which made me look at life differently and re-evaluate my priorities. It made me look at things and people around me more closely. It made me question one of my biggest beliefs; made me question my dependency on people. Till a few weeks back whenever anyone would say that you should be in a relationship my answer to them was why everybody is so dependent on relationships? Why do you want everyone to have a boyfriend/girlfriend? We all eventually will get married and find our life partners so why put so much importance on that one relation? I was always happy for people who had someone but I never truly felt the need for that someone special until very recently. I was always happy with the people around me because they understood me and loved me for who I was. Then a few things happened and it got me questioning my own belief on this topic. The event last week was like the last nail on the coffin. The truth is you do need someone special in your life; you do need someone in whose life you are a priority and who is not just a priority in yours; someone who will be there through your highs and lows; someone from whom you can expect a little bit more.
I have a great set of friends, people who have always supported me and been there for me but today I want more. I may be right or I may be wrong but suddenly the importance of that certain someone in life has risen quite a few notches. So to all the people who say that you do need someone I agree with you today. All said and done I would still maintain one thing; you still need to be at peace with yourself before you can be in harmony with someone at else. So yes you do need someone but just ensure that you don’t lose yourself to that person or that relation. I can’t help but remember this one line from a song from the movie “U Me or Hum” – “Tum, Tum bhi raho, main, main bhi rahon, hum, hum bhi rahen”
No comments:
Post a Comment